Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Shadow

Amy noticed shadow about 4 or 5 months ago. One night she tried to high-five with her little shadow. So that night i put my hands together and made a birdie-shaped-shadow. While i was flapping my hands, she kept yelling, birdie! birdie! It didn't even look like a birdie that much. I was amazed how kid's imagination works. It was super fun at the first. Not that fun after about 10 or 15 minutes. I couldn't even feel my arms. So i just quit doing it. Amy thought the birdie has landed or dropped dead. So she looked for the birdie on our carpet for quite some time. :D I had a good laugh at it.

Now that the weather is nice, i take her out for a walk every morning at the weekends. She'd point at her little shadow and proudly announce, AMY! Then point at my shadow and say, MOMMY! And just like we can't interfere with her business, my shadow CANNOT interfere with her shadow, either. If i stand in some position that my shadow overlapps with hers, she'd squat down and try to push my shadow away, furiously. :p Of course I intentionally did this a couple of times just to have some fun myself.

Sometime in the morning, when i drive her to the daycare, her little shadow will land on the front passenger seat. Then she'd try to dance with that little shadow together. If the weather is bad, she'd point at the front seat and mumble, amy amy amy disspointedly. I guess kids feel lonely, too, sometime, especially when there are only big people around.

No comments: