Wednesday, September 08, 2004

I can see myself in her

I still have some vivid memory about my childhood, most of them somewhat embarrasing. One thing i remember is that i always try to "play" my parents but never succeed. Like if they were talking with me about something serious which i don't want to listen, i'd try distract them by saying, "look! mommy! i found something!". Of course, that's when i was really small. After i started school, i figured this never worked. And then i'd just quit listening.

Amy started doing this last weekend. Less than 1 year old! I do hope she won't stop listening to me later on.

It's saturday and after 1 week at day care, she's really clingy. I was cooking and feeling tired. She still wanted me to hold her. So i calmly told her, mommy's busy, go play with yourself. Of course she wouldn't listen and started to scream/semi-cry. After 10 minutes or so, i got really mad at her and just ignored her. Then she burst into her real cry. That's when i tried to have a "serious" talk with her. I was trying to reason with her while holding her in my arms. She just wouldn't listen and kept pointing at one of the pictures we put up on the wall.

I really can see a little me doing exactly the same thing like she. I can't say i am happy about her defying me. But strangely, it did amused me a little bit.

No comments: