Monday, August 22, 2005

pooping related

WARNING: THOSE WHO DON'T HAVE KIDS RIGHT NOW ARE LIKELY TO FIND THE COTENT SLIGHTLY GROSS.

it's not my fault to write something like this. actually, i've been delaying this topic way too long. amy's almost 2 now. during the one year of this blog's existence, i didn't even once explicitly make pooping the major topic. to those who do have kids, this almost seems like a child-neglect case.
well, i am avoiding this topic mostly because my reluctance to potty train amy. my excuse is that she is not ready yet. the real reasons however, are, 1) we just got new carpet; 2) my mom's been onto this for about 2 years. right, ever since amy's born, she thought we should potty train her. and i am purposely not training amy to get onto my mom's nerve. boy, am i evil.

ok, now, seriously, amy's not ready. for the past 6 months, i've been teaching her to tell me if she pooped. she obeyed for about 2 weeks, then found it more interesting to answer NO! whenever i ask her if she's pooped. so the only way i can make her more comfortable is to check her diaper every now and then. and of course the fastest way is to pull the waistband of her pants and look down. i know i know, it's gross. but the other day i actually saw 3 parents do exactly the same thing at amy's gym. what a relief!

finally i am getting to the point. being a parents does make one cruely wordiness. :p

yesterday morning amy suddenly remembered she had a teddy bear. this is almost a miracle for a truck girl like amy. other than the time her auntie kathy's here, she never asked for her bear. but any way, she asked for it, so i went and fetched it for her. the minute she got the teddy bear, she turned it over and looked at its bottom, then very seriously asked, DID YOU POOP? TEDDY BEAR? before i could laugh out loud, she then answered, very troubled, OH! NO!I NEED TO CHANGE YOU. i gave her a wipe and a diaper, she then spent the next 30 minutes or so to clean up teddy bear and change it.

well, the fun did not just stop there. later on, i was lying on my tummy on the carpet while amy's running around with her car. suddenly she threw away her car, walked towards me, then pulled the waistband of my pants, looked down for a minute, and asked, DID YOU POOP? MOMMY? i shut her up before she could say OH NO I NEED TO CHANGE YOU.

1 comment:

Starsea said...

Lucky for me did not get scared away by your warning. Very nice story, one of the best I read from you.