Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Chopstick Can't Stand Up by Amy Zhang

Once there was a chopstick named Chopstick. He had to crawl, because he couldn't stand straight. He could squirm,though.
One day, when he woke up, he thought, I'm tired of crawling! I want to walk.
He tried to stand straight, but he fell. He tried again, and again and again.
"Maybe," he said, "I could ask my friends."
"I guess we could try a little bit." said Spoon.
They tried again and again, but they still couldn't make Chopstick stand straight.
"I'm tired." said Fork.
"Yeah,"said knife, "but Napkin's already snoring!"
"I'm not giving up yet." said Chopstick, "There are still dozens of ways to get me to stand up."
"Maybe you could squish yourself between two mats."suggested Bowl.
"There is a gymnastics mat in my room, and another one in the attic." said Chopstick.
"I'll get them!" shouted plate.
They tried it, but they had no luck. They thought for ten whole hours.
"I wish the ground were more flat." said Napkin, who had woken up.
"The ground is very flat at my house." said Tissue. " Maybe we should try my house."
"Sure!" said Chopstick, Bowl, Plate, Spoon, Fork, and Napkin. "Let's go!"
They tried at Tissue's house (which was a box), but it didn't work.
"I give up." said Chopstick.

The end.

3 comments:

Shopatriot said...

好天才啊!
寫得這麼好
還這麼 creative!!!!!
嫉妒得不得裊!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

配上她自己画的插图,直接出版啦!

Starsea said...

文青的娃,淡定地飘过