Thursday, December 02, 2004

Back to normal

My sister left the day before yesterday. Amy tried to find her suitcase yesterday morning. Not really disappointed when she found everything's gone, though. I guess she knew her auntie's presence is just temporary all along. I really believe babies are smarter than we thought they are now.

She picked up a lot of new words when my sister was here, bread in chinese, hat in chinese, auntie in chinese etc. My sister also was patient enough to play "put on the lid" with her. If amy's not too anxious and i help hold the bottle, she now can put the lid on herself.

She sure understands us a whole lot better, too. The other day before we left the apartment, I tried to put a hat on her. She hates hat ever since she can move stuff by her teeny tiny hands. Every day putting on hat is a battle between us. Without too much expectation, i told her, it's really cold out, if you don't put on the hat, we don't leave the apartment. Surprisingly, she looked at me for a couple of seconds and then just gave up the fight. However, the minute we got into the car, she started to pull her hat really hard. I thought reasoning worked earlier, why not try again. So i said, it's still cold, amy, let's wait till the car warms up, ok? Again, surprisingly, she lowered her hands and started play with herself. Later on, when the car warmed up, she took her hat off when i told her so. It was like having a conversation/instructional talk with an adult. I guess we'll have to watch what we say in front of her now. :D


No comments: